Media Alert: Republicans On The Debt Ceiling
Link to Article: http://www.clubforgrowth.org/perm/pr/?postID=1015
The Club for Growth expects that this week and next, Congress will vote to “disapprove” of President Obama’s request to raise the debt ceiling by $1.2 trillion dollars.
This vote will undoubtedly be accompanied by a self-congratulatory press release from your local Republican Congressman or Senator, stating something like:
“It is outrageous that President Obama is raising the debt ceiling yet again to feed his gluttonous spending habit. Obama and the Democrats are out of control. I stand with the tea party and conservatives everywhere in expressing my OUTRAGE!!!!!!!” – Republican Representative X.
The hypocrisy of many of these so-called “tea party conservatives” will be on full display. The Club for Growth remembers the exact vote in which 28 Republican Senators and 176 Republican House Members voted to give President Obama the authority to raise the debt ceiling by $1.2 trillion. It was Roll Call Vote #690 in the House, and Roll Call Vote #123 in the Senate. I’ve helpfully listed the Republican “Yes” votes for you in this email.
Please feel free to ask any of the below Republicans who express their outrage over a $1.2 trillion debt limit increase why they voted for the law that allowed the debt limit increase in the first place.
House vote: http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2011/roll690.xml
- Obama Requests $1.2T Increase in Debt Ceiling (foxnews.com)
- Meanwhile, Let’s Check in on the Obama Financial Crisis… (mikesright.wordpress.com)
- National debt now exceeds GDP – debt ceiling set to increase another $1.2 trillion (bellalu0.wordpress.com)
- Congress to vote on debt ceiling, without threat of default (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Obama formally seeks debt ceiling increase (whitehouse.blogs.cnn.com)
- House to reject debt limit increase. Why that doesn’t really matter. (csmonitor.com)